Note: Mapping in Polyaxon CE is supported in eager mode only with no concurrency management.
Polyaxon mapping is an automation tool to apply a list of parameters combination to a component sequentially or in parallel following a concurrency.
When a mapping is defined a pipeline is created to watch the generated executions and manage their lifecycle and concurrency. Because the mapping generates a pipeline, the pipeline helpers can be used for managing concurrency, early stopping, caching, ...
- Mapping specification for more details
- Pipeline Helpers for more information about the helpers that can be used with mapping
Polyaxon Mapping can be used to:
- Run a component in parallel using a user defined list of parameters
- Train a machine learning model using an external optimization and suggestion service
- Leverage a map/reduce style pattern