WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly: We may collect personal information such as a username, first and last name, email address, and payment information, when you register for a Polyaxon account, participate in forums, comment on blog posts, or if you correspond with us.
- Information we collect from third parties and social media sites: We may collect information about you from third party services. For example, we may receive information about you if you interact with our site through various social media, for example, by logging in through or liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features of the Service. We may use this information to communicate with you, such as to send you email messages, and to follow up with you to offer news and information about our Service. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see "Your Choices About Your Information" below.
Information from Sites visitorsWe and our third party partners may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit or use our Website.
- For instance, when you visit our Sites, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Website (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Website, and other actions you take on the Website), and allow us to track your usage of the Website over time.
- We may collect log file information about your browser or mobile device each time you access the Website. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Website.
- We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Website.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
We may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to:
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- provide custom, personalized content and information;
- provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Website;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service;
- diagnose or fix technology problems; and
- otherwise to plan for and enhance our service
We use third-party automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Website. We use third-party applications such as Intercom, GitHub, Slack, DocuSign, and more to track and manage conversations, chats, or email exchanges with our users and customers. These products and companies provide further information about their own privacy practices on their websites.
We use third-party applications such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Honeycomb, LightStep, LogDNA, and more to host, serve, store, and analyze our Website's operational infrastructure and operational data collected on our Website. These products and companies provide further information about their own privacy practices on their websites.
We use third-party applications such as Stripe to manage corporate billing. These companies provide further information about their own privacy practices on their websites.
Usage information from self-hosted Polyaxon instancesPolyaxon collects information about usage from each self-hosted Polyaxon instance (Server and cluster deployments) through a server ping. The server ping sends a payload containing aggregated data about whether certain features are enabled or in use.
BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
Performance of a contract:The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our Service to purchase Polyaxon product subscriptions or services, create a profile, post and comment through our Sites, or request information through our Sites, we will use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that contract or request.
Legitimate interests:We use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the best content through our Service and communications with users and the public, to improve and promote our products and services, and for administrative, security, fraud prevention and legal purposes.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the "Your Choices About Your Information" section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include data hosting, billing, payment processing, or providing analytic services;
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, or who partner with us to provide services to you. Such partners will be identified to you when we are collecting your personal information;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or to if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law, legal process and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Polyaxon, our Users, or others.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated or pseudonymized data with third parties.
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. If you remove information or content that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
How to control your communications preferences:You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. For as long as you are using our Services, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to our products or features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information: If you already have an account on the Website, you may access, update, alter, or delete your basic user profile information by logging into your account and updating profile settings.
Polyaxon will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to perform our contractual obligations, provide you services, to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, preserve legal rights, or enforce our agreements.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: Polyaxon cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Polyaxon will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Polyaxon does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. If you are based in the European Union, we will not knowingly collect your information if you are under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13 or child in the European Union under 16, please contact us at [email protected]
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Service may integrate with or contain links to other third party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service and your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party's own rules and policies.